Accurate wind farm O&M forecast
Improved wind turbine availability projection
Wind turbine life extension
Welcome to Independent Engineering Services!
Romax InSight offers a powerful combination of practical experience and analytical expertise that has been built over 25 years’ by providing rotating machinery engineering services to the world’s largest industrial and energy companies. Leverage our experience and the valuable knowledge for your investment decisions.
Why do investors & developers need to know about turbine technology?
Help understanding the black box you’re buying
- What do you need to include in the TSA?
- What is the long-term availability we are expecting?
- What is the long-term turbine O&M cost we are expecting?
- Is your contract mitigating all turbine technology related risks?
- Is your Financial Model including sufficient reserves to cover the unmitigated turbine technology risks? (e.g. Main Bearing Grease Flushing)
- Valuable input for O&M agreement negotiation
Example: What is the best turbine for my project?
A wind farm financier/owner has to know the following information in order to plan for the project success in the most realistic way:
- What elements of technology do I need to worry about?
- What do I need to put in my Turbine Supply Agreement or contract with the service provider?
- What do I need to know during operation to ensure high availability and how much will it cost?
- What should I plan to spend and why?
- Will my assets last beyond the 20 year design life and what do I need to do to make sure they do?
Romax InSight has helped to answer these questions on over 10 GW of assets worldwide using design expertise, operational data and historical failure rates accumulated over many engineering projects for onshore and offshore wind farms.