Romax launches new connector for ANSYS Mechanical Suite
Romax Technology, the world-leading gearbox, bearing and driveline design specialist, has launched a new connector that enables its RomaxDESIGNER and RomaxWIND product design and simulation software to integrate seamlessly with the ANSYS mechanical suite.
Development of the new connector highlights Romax’s continuing commitment to openness and compatibility with other key systems supporting the driveline, gearbox and component design process.
Previously, ANSYS users had the capability to open a finite element model of non-symmetric components (housings, planet carriers, differentials, etc.) in RomaxDESIGNER.
The new connector enables RomaxDESIGNER and RomaxWIND users to modify and connect these components, seamlessly pass them to ANSYS, run Finite Element analysis in ANSYS and transfer the results back into RomaxDESIGNER for full system static and dynamic analysis. The main benefits are:
- Faster new product development due to increased speed of modelling and analysis
- Improved product quality due to elimination of failure modes earlier in the design process
- Reduced cost of new product design and development
- Elimination of errors caused during data transfer
- Creation of an optimised and documented design process
- Improved utilisation of software assets
“The enhanced interoperability between ANSYS mechanical suite and the RomaxDesigner and RomaxWind products is a key development for our customer base in delivering faster time to market, improved end-product reliability and reduced costs.” Said Gary Panes, European Marketing Director at ANSYS.
This is the latest in a series of connectors Romax has developed to 3rd party tools in the gearbox and component design and analysis process, such as
- MSC – Nastran
- Dassault Systems- ABAQUAS
- Klingelnberg – KIMoS
- Hyperworks – Altair RADIOSS
- Mathworks – Matlab
- AVL – Excite