Introduction to Gear Whine Problems & Solutions
Date: June 30, 2016, 09:00 & 16:00
Presented by: Dr Michael Platten, Senior Product Manager
This webinar is the first in our NVH in driveline systems campaign series covering:
- Overview of gear whine theory and how to solve and prevent problems
- Gear whine case studies: In-depth examples of driveline NVH
- Gear whine and sidebands in planetary gears
- NVH in electro-mechanical powertrains
This session will give an overview of the theory of gear whine and its causes and effects. Gear whine is a common problem that often only becomes apparent in the prototype phase of development of transmission and driveline systems.
See how the application of design and simulation tools can be used to diagnose and fix gear whine problems, and more importantly how to prevent them from happening in the first place.
- Introduction to gear whine noise theory
- Simulation of gear whine behavior
- Solutions for investigating and preventing gear whine problems – Right First Time™ solution
- Demonstration: Simulating gear whine in a manual transmission
Romax software solutions and consultancy services for NVH can diagnose and solve gear whine problems in existing designs; by supporting the customer through problem identification and testing. Romax NVH experts can assist with different aspects such as gear whine testing, manufacturing process, and full system simulation.
Our Right First Time™ solution can design and evaluate NVH characteristics in the early development stage to the final stage, avoiding NVH problems from the start.