Romax Technology Limited (“we”,”us”,”our”, “Romax”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You should be aware that if you are using or benefiting from our products or services as a representative of an organisation, your organisation may pass your personal data to us, control and administer your use of our products or services as well as access and process your information including the contents of your communications. Please direct any queries that you have regarding your organisation’s control of and access to your information, to your organisation.
Amendments and updates to this policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what information we collect and how we use that information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Who we are and how to contact us
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is: Romax Technology Limited of Cedar House, 78 Portsmouth Road, Cobham, KT11 1HY.
Romax is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA173677)
Information we hold and use
Personal data (also referred to as “information” in this policy) means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data),
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site romaxtech.com (our site), placing an order with us for any of our products or services, entering into a licensing agreement with us or otherwise doing business with us, participating in social media functions on our site, reporting a problem with our site, signing up to receive marketing communications or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, your job title, department and name of organisation, financial and payment details and personal description. You will also provide us with certain information when you visit our premises such as your name, job title and vehicle registration number. This information will be kept in our visitor log book.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect certain usage data about you including the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
CCTV. We employ CCTV around our premises which may capture your image. CCTV is used for monitoring and security purposes to ensure a safe environment for our staff , customers and others visiting us. We also use it for evidential purposes in the case of an incident. In all locations, signs are displayed notifying you that CCTV is in operation and providing details of who to contact. We will only disclose CCTV images to others for the stated purposes. For more information regarding our use of CCTV please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, consultants, contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We will only use your information when the law allows us to and for the purposes set out in this policy. The lawful bases upon which we will process your information are:
- when you give your consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into or are entering into with you and/or your organisation;
- when necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Note that we may process your information for more than one lawful basis depending upon the specific purpose for which we are using it. If you need further details regarding the lawful basis upon which we are processing your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a lawful basis for processing your information other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you where we do not have another lawful basis. Where we use consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to provide you/your organisation with products and/or services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you/your organisation and us;
- to deal with your enquiries and provide you with the information, that you request from us;
- to provide you/your organisation with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for information, system, network and security purposes;
- for business and product development and to improve our products and services;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, some of which are located outside of the European Economic Area..
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, contractors, consultants, suppliers (such as providers of support and hosting services, CRM services and infrastructure providers);
- The University of Nottingham in order to provide you with a parking pass;
- Our professional and legal advisors;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.) We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Romax or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Security and Storage of your information
How long do we hold your information?
We will hold onto your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided to us or collected eg. for as long as is necessary to provide any services requested by you or to respond to your queries. Where processing is based on your consent, we shall only process it until such time as you withdraw your consent.
Please let us know if any of your contact details change so that we can ensure we only hold accurate and up to date information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your information as follows:
- Right of Access – you can request a copy of any information we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- Right of Rectification – you have a right to request that we rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the information we hold;
- Right of Restriction and Erasure – in some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your information or to restrict further processing by us;
- Right to Object – in some circumstances, you have the right to object to certain processing of your information. You have an absolute right to object to direct marketing;
- Right of Portability – in some circumstances, you have the right to request that your information be transferred to you or a new provider if the information you have provided to us is processed automatically;
- Right to withdraw consent – where we have asked for your consent for processing, you have the right to withdraw consent. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Automated decision making and profiling
Automated decision making takes place when an electronic system using personal information to make a decision without human intervention. Whilst we use some automated decision making including profiling of visitors to our site for marketing and business development purposes, you will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Policy last updated: 30/11/2020