Engineering decisions during the drivetrain design phase are critical for product quality and performance. To accelerate innovation and create competitive products, engineers need the right tools that enable them to iterate quickly and make confident decisions.
Romax Concept embodies our vast experience in CAE simulation technology and drivetrain design. Underpinned by Romax’s world-leading simulation capabilities, Concept is tailored to the early design stage. Its intuitive interface and rapid modelling helps you identify the best transmission, drivetrain or gearbox configuration for any application, as efficiently as possible.
What’s new in Romax 2022?
- JMAG-Express Online Integration: JMAG-Express Online can now be opened from within the Romax environment, so users can generate an electric machine design and import the machine geometry directly into the Romax model as part of an early-stage structural analysis.
- Romax-to-Adams Export Functionality: Romax models can be exported in a format that can be imported into Adams. This allows transmission and ePowertrain models to be easily created in Romax and then transferred to Adams to be included in system-level simulations. It also means the same ePowertrain model can be used for static and steady-state dynamic analysis (Romax) and transient, non-linear analysis (Adams).
- 2D Modelling Improvements: a series of improvements have been made to improve usability of the 2D modelling window.
Fast and efficient product design from the concept phase in a user-friendly model creation environment.
Create full system simulation models of multiple complex layouts of powertrains, drivetrains, transmission and drivelines, with ease, thanks to an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
Romax Concept empowers informed engineering decisions early in the product development process.
Identify promising design candidates by:
- Analysing the performance of each concept and managing trade-offs between durability, efficiency, NVH, packaging, weight and cost.
- Performing vehicle performance and efficiency predictions of electric and conventional powertrain designs.
Refine your design by selecting bearings directly from supplier catalogues and optimise gear ratios and macro-geometry.
Romax Concept allows seamless collaboration across CAD, Multibody Dynamics (MBD) and CAE to reduce errors and time to market.
Designs can easily be taken from Romax Concept and converted into CAD models and drawings, optimised multibody dynamic models and used in any other Romax product for more detailed analysis.
No need to re-enter data at every stage of the design process, reducing potential for error and saving time.
Feature Highlight: Electric Machine Capability
Romax Concept allows you to model an electric machine with accurate packaging dimensions including a rotor, a stator with end-windings, housing and rotor shaft. The electric machine component can also be imported from a Motor-CAD or JMAG-Express native file.
Capture and analyse the performance of the whole electromechanical system at the concept stage. Features:
- Visualisation and packaging checks
- Motor selection and sizing, including evaluation of vehicle performance and efficiency prediction
- Bearing selection and evaluation of different motor bearing arrangements
- Gear and motor excitation orders on the same plot for early NVH analysis
- Materials’ cost and weight
“CONCEPT software is the starting point of the whole product [development].”
“It helps decrease development time and helps in minimising design failure. Through a smaller development cycle we can make products more robust at an earlier stage – using Romax enables us to overcome limitations we might face, as well as meeting Right First Time design requirements.”
“Using CONCEPT is perfect for testing multiple gearbox, transmission and driveline designs at an early stage of the development because you get a prediction of efficiency and even cost data right from the start – it’s hugely beneficial to get an idea of costs at such an early stage of development. CONCEPT enables us to make informed engineering decisions over which one design is the best for a particular project.”
Watch a demo video
What you’ll learn:
- How Romax Concept allows fast and efficient product design from the concept phase in a user-friendly model creation environment
- How you can easily create full system simulation models of multiple complex layouts of powertrains, drivetrains, transmission and drivelines
- How Concept empowers informed engineering decisions early in the product development process
Please complete all the fields below.