Offering rapid and intuitive modelling, detailed structural analysis and component rating, Romax Enduro is the trusted industry standard software solution for powertrain durability simulation and optimisation.
Sitting at the heart of a unique Romax and partner ecosystem for integrated CAE-led design, the full system structural analysis incorporates state of the art component analysis and rating.
Part of 100% EV
Discover our holistic approach to eMobility.
What’s New in Romax 2022.1?
- Advanced loaded tooth contact analysis model for cylindrical gears – available for micro-geometry analysis.
- ISO/TS 6336-4:2019 tooth flank fracture load capacity of cylindrical gears – calculations using the Romax micro-geometry analysis as an input to the TFF calculation.
- Improvements to 2D Worksheet – including generation of 2D sections for FE shafts and casings, modelling bevel gear sets with multiple meshes, and new component tools.
- Undo has been added – to the 2D Worksheet and the Shaft Worksheet.
- Usability enhancements to bearing results – including various reports and customised reporting.
Accurate and insightful
Romax Enduro offers unparalleled drivetrain modelling and analysis capabilities, proven globally by our customers for over 30 years. Features include:
- Complete drivetrain structural analysis
- World-class gear and bearing contact models
- Comprehensive bearing data from all leading bearing manufacturers
- DIN, ISO and AGMA rating
- Flexible FE bearings & gear blanks
- Gear root stress analysis
- Batch running and parametric study
- Motor Unbalanced Magnetic Pull (UMP)
- Comprehensive and customisable reporting of easy to interpret engineering metrics
- And many more…
Romax Enduro allows the easy creation of a digital twin, enabling informed engineering decisions to be made earlier, shortening development timescales and reducing the need for testing:
- Rapid, parametric modelling of complete drivetrain systems
- Fast, parallelised and automatable structural analysis
- Easy to interpret results
- Multi fidelity component models ranging from conceptual to fully detailed representations
- Gear design & optimisation tools considering manufacturing
- Manufacturing variability analysis
- Seamless interfaces to leading CAD packages
End-to-end automatable workflows, enabled via partnerships and interfaces to 3rd party supplier data and CAE tools:
- Seamless integration with Romax software suite for optimisation of durability, NVH and efficiency
- Automation of model editing, running and reporting for process integration and app development
- Bespoke interfaces to leading design space optimisation and process automation tools
- Exchange model data with leading CAD partners for seamless collaboration with designers
- Interfaces to gear design and manufacturing software for accurate geometry import and contact analysis
- Import FE geometry or create from CAD, analyse using built-in or third party solvers
- Support for Reusable Engineering Exchange Standard (REXS)
“Romax Enduro is helping us to tackle the current challenges faced by the wind market. We are able to create a virtual representation of the gear system and the test environment. This means, firstly, that we can fine tune our micro geometry to achieve an optimized load distribution on the gear flank and in the gear root over a wide torque range, and, secondly, that we can detect noise risks early in the design process and identify design measures to mitigate those risks.”
“Using Romax’s unique set of software tools, we’ve been able to create a seamless design process with the Romax software suite at its core. We have been taking our ideas to market in record time, testing and incorporating new technology easily, as well as ensuring targets are met for durability, efficiency, and compliance.”
Watch a demo video
What you’ll learn:
- How Romax Enduro can help you get a really good understanding of the structural behaviour and durability performance of a drivetrain system
- How you can easily make design changes to improve the performance
- A brief overview of more advanced analysis capabilities such as micro-geometry analysis, root stress analysis, and how the micro-geometry results feed back into the rating results
- How Enduro can interface to other Romax and third party tools which makes it easy to integrate into an efficient CAE-led process.
Please complete all the fields below.