Electrical machine technology is moving fast, as the drive for electrification challenges electrical machine designers to achieve higher torque densities and higher speeds. Engineers need reliable tools not only to conduct electromagnetic analysis of the motor, but also to perform structural analysis.
Romax have a proven track record in electro-mechanical simulation and design, rotor dynamic simulation for industrial generators and electrical machine NVH development. Romax Evolve incorporates this expertise into application specific tools for the structural design and analysis of electric machines, which integrate into powerful multi-fidelity full system analysis.
What’s New in Romax 2022.1?
- eNVH force import from Manatee by EOMYS – import excitation data from Manatee into Evolve for NVH analysis, with no manual processing required
- Improvements to 2D Worksheet – including generation of 2D sections for FE shafts and casings, and new component tools
- Undo has been added – to the 2D Worksheet and the Shaft Worksheet
- OptiStruct subsystem export improvements
- Usability enhancements to bearing results – including various reports and customised reporting
Feature Highlight: Acoustic Analysis
For a thorough understanding of NVH performance in electrical machines, engineers need to be able to simulate noise and vibration performance from the earliest stage in the design process. Romax Evolve’s Acoustic Analysis adds radiated noise capabilities to the electric machine simulation and multi-fidelity NVH analysis provided by Romax Evolve to give you the complete picture as part of a CAE-led component design process.
Based on renowned and trusted meshing and solver technology from Free Field Technologies, Romax Evolve’s Acoustic Analysis product option forms a complete end-to-end process which allows you to predict radiated noise quickly and simply, without any in-depth experience of acoustic simulation. In combination with Romax Evolve’s vibration prediction tools, you can identify and mitigate the root causes of radiated noise problems in a unique, application-specific tool.
Dedicated model building
- Parameterised model build for rapid structural modelling
- Comprehensive bearing catalogues
- Create, import and condense FE housing components
- Import/export geometry with leading CAD tools
- Import motor efficiency map
- Interfaces to electromagnetic FE software packages for electrical machine geometry and excitation import
- Fast static analysis of electrical machine housing and shaft deflections
- Evaluate bearings for durability
- Evaluate motor efficiency and energy consumption considering bearing, seal and electromagnetic loss mechanisms
- Calculate rotor-dynamic behaviour of rotor shaft system
- Capture the effects of UMP on static and dynamic behaviour
- NVH analysis of electrical machine including electro-mechanical excitation sources and rotor mechanical imbalance
- Embedded acoustic solver brings complex simulation of radiated noise to the non-expert
- CAE led design – consider structural and NVH performance from the early development stages to prevent problems before they arise
- Support the design process from initial structural concept through to detailed housing design, test planning, and validation
- Sits alongside other Romax products as part of a comprehensive toolchain for component and system-level analysis
“We have created a promising powertrain concept, offering high efficiency in both electric and hybrid driving, good driving performance, and simple transmission technology. All design and efficiency calculations, as well as modelling and simulations, were done using Romax.”
Watch a demo video
What you’ll learn:
- How to model an electric machine within Romax Evolve
- An overview of the structural analysis, vibrational analysis and acoustic analysis within Romax Evolve
- How Evolve can interface to other Romax and third party tools
Please complete all the fields below.
Complex Radiated Noise Simulation
Validation of NVH Analysis