Product quality for noise and vibration (NVH) can only be successfully delivered if you consider it right from the start. Romax Spectrum provides the complete, validated solution for electro-mechanical powertrain NVH simulation.
Providing fast, accurate frequency domain analysis for engineering insight and optimisation, Romax Spectrum’s advanced technical capabilities are proven to work in the real world. Combining advanced capabilities with interfaces to the rest of your CAE eco-system, Romax Spectrum enables a “Right First Time” CAE-led solution for NVH design.
What’s new in Romax 2022?
- Romax-to-Adams Export Functionality: Romax models can be exported in a format that can be imported into Adams. This allows transmission and ePowertrain models to be easily created in Romax and then transferred to Adams to be included in system-level simulations. It also means the same ePowertrain model can be used for static and steady-state dynamic analysis (Romax) and transient, non-linear analysis (Adams).
- 2D Gearbox Modelling Worksheet: a new system-level worksheet with drag-and-drop tools, allowing intuitive, fast modelling which is easy-to-use, even for beginners and non-experts.
- JMAG-Express Online Integration: JMAG-Express Online can now be opened from within the Romax environment, so users can generate an electric machine design and import the machine geometry directly into the Romax model as part of an early-stage structural analysis.
- Equivalent Radiated Power Calculation: this method of estimating the total acoustic power radiated by a vibrating body is a useful metric for investigating the effects of design changes on radiated noise in a fast (but approximate) way.
Accuracy and insight
Romax Spectrum offers complete, parametric whole-system modelling of the powertrain, incorporating world-class gear and bearing contact models to give the accuracy you need for sensitive NVH simulation.
- Validated analysis to predict dynamic gear excitations
- New noise environment with reduced masking requires careful NVH design
- New powertrain layouts with unknown NVH issues requires a CAE-led approach to NVH
- New lightweight, stiff chassis designs make structure-borne noise more important
- High rotation speeds leads to higher frequency noise requiring accurate modelling and fast solutions
- Greater need to balance NVH with efficiency requiring multi-attribute design optimisation
Consider designs via NVH simulation early in the development process, minimise NVH testing and prototyping.
- System vibration – Frequency domain simulation of system vibration response giving you instant access to the answers you need along with the engineering insight into how to make your design better
- Radiated noise – Embedded acoustic solver brings complex simulation to the non-expert with automated calculations to see if your design meets its noise targets
Products within the Romax software family enable joined up workflows through interfaces to renowned 3rd party CAE tools, including:
- Nastran for FE modelling.
- Adams for multibody simulation.
- Actran for acoustics.
- Motor-CAD, Opera, JMAG and Maxwell for electromagnetic simulation.
- VI-grade – vehicle NVH Simulator for sound quality assessment.
- Plus, interfaces to many other gear design, multi-physics, CAD, FE and optimisation CAE tools.
“Romax doesn’t just offer Lucid an amazing tool, they offer us outstanding technical and commercial support. We’ve learned a great deal from Romax, and they have been instrumental in helping us to reach our goals for exceptional powertrain NVH performance.”
Watch a demo video
What you’ll learn:
- How Romax Spectrum can very quickly calculate the excitations coming from the gears
- How we can get electric machine excitations from 3rd party tools and bring them into the software
- How we can – in just a few minutes – predict both vibration and noise performance
- How this analysis in Romax Spectrum allows us to understand in depth why the powertrain behaves as it does, and through the insight that it gives us, allows us to make engineering design decisions that we need to drive a CAE-led development process
Please complete all the fields below.
Feature Highlight: Acoustic Analysis
Romax Spectrum Acoustic Analysis adds radiated noise capabilities to the vibration simulation and analysis provided by Romax Spectrum to give you a thorough understanding of NVH performance in electro-mechanical powertrains.
Based on renowned and trusted meshing and solver technology from Free Field Technologies, Romax Spectrum’s Acoustic Analysis product option forms a complete end-to-end process which allows you to predict radiated noise quickly and simply, without any in-depth experience of acoustic simulation. In combination with Romax Spectrum’s vibration prediction and system dynamic analysis tools, you can identify and mitigate the root causes of radiated noise problems in a single software product.
Romax Dynamic Fusion
Dynamic Fusion is your gateway to the world of multibody and multi-physics simulation. With its unique discretisation technology you can create multibody models from Romax models in just a few seconds, bringing multibody simulation earlier in the design process to run concurrently with your Romax Spectrum NVH analysis.
With translators available for MSC Adams, GT-Suite and Modelica-compliant tools you can easily incorporate your models into simulations for transient dynamics and drivability, systems engineering, control system design and many other applications.